Welcome to my blog! In this article, I’ll guide you on how to change the Termux environment on 64-bit devices to 32-bit, for example, from (aarch64 to armv71). This will allow us to install 32-bit operating systems and software on our 64-bit devices. I’m writing this article because I recently published some tutorials that only work on 32-bit Android devices, and some of the viewers asked me to make a video on how to install them on 64-bit machines. So, here I am with a solution to that problem.
Computer architecture can be defined as a set of rules and methods that describe the functionality, management, and implementation of computers. To be precise, it is nothing more than the rules by which the system works and operates.
What is a 32-Bit System?
A 32-bit system is a type of CPU architecture that has the capacity to transfer 32 bits of data. It refers to the amount of data and information that your CPU can easily process while performing an operation. Most computers produced in the early 2000s and 1990s were 32-bit machines.
A single bit in a register can typically refer to a single byte. A 32-bit system is, therefore, capable of addressing approximately 4,294,967,296 bytes (4 GB) of RAM. Its actual limit is less than 3.5GB (typically) because the register part stores various other temporary values in addition to memory addresses.
What is a 64-Bit System?
A 64-bit microprocessor allows computer systems to process information, data, and memory addresses represented by 64 bits. Such a system can typically reference 16 exabytes (17,179,869,184 GB) or 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 bytes of memory.
That’s many times a million times more than the average workstation would need to access. A 64-bit system (a computer with a 64-bit processor) has the capacity to access more than 4 GB of RAM. This means that if the computer has 8 GB of RAM, it requires a 64-bit processor. Otherwise, the CPU will be inaccessible for at least 4 GB of memory.
- After installing Termux, the next thing to do is to update your Termux packages. You can do this with the command:
apt update && apt upgrade -y
- Install the base package on your Termux. Installing a new git package in the Termux command-line tool that can be used to download files or entire web pages.
apt install git wget screenfetch -y
- Check the information about the device by using the following commands:
uname -m screenfetch
- Clone the “termux-arch-changer” tool from our GitHub repository using the following command:
- Get more information about how the prefix changer works with the following command:
bash termux-aarch-change help
Switching 64-bit to 32-bit:
- Change your Termux architecture from 64-bit to 32-bit using the following command:
bash termux-aarch-change switch
- Update your Termux packages after changing to 32-bit:
apt update && apt upgrade -y
Switching 32-bit to 64-bit:
- Change your Termux architecture from 32-bit to 64-bit using the following command: